Select Page

Alterations, Subletting and Private Sector Lettings


If you would like to make an alteration to your property, it is a condition of your Lease that you must seek written permission first from Colchester Borough Homes. The Tenant Alterations team deal with all alteration queries for both tenants & leaseholders.
Please click here for further information and contact details.


If you would like to sublet your property please complete the form below.

We do not refuse permission, but this helps us to keep our records up to date and to ensure we have the correct correspondence details. Alternatively you can download a form from this page and send this to:

Leasehold Department, CBH, Rowan House, 33 Sheepen Road, Colchester, CO3 3WG, or email it to

Colchester Borough Homes (CBH) has two unique offers for renting property to the council, which helps take the hassle out of private lettings for you as a landlord.

Please click here for more information.