Select Page

Tenancy Sustainment

Colchester Borough Homes have trained officers to help you sustain your tenancy. There are two types of support available. You can get this support from either; CBH staff or, other agencies that we work with. You have to aged 18 and over.

  1. Tenancy sustainment: helps people who are finding it difficult to maintain their tenancy and may be at risk of losing their home
  2. Floating support: helps people who need ongoing support to live independently.

How can the services help?

The service helps to provide support and help with the following:

  • Getting advice and assistance relating to re-housing options.
  • Making the most of your money and how to manage your money.
  • Make Referrals to other specialist services to meet your health, financial and/or social needs.
  • They can help with advice for work, education, training, health and social care services, local community and voluntary sector organisations.
  • They can help you with getting help from local services in your area.


What we Cannot help you with

  • We cannot help with social care activities such as shopping or cleaning.
  • We cannot find or provide furniture, carpets, curtains, white goods, general living expenses like groceries, nappies, toiletries or fuel. If you would like help with any of this, you can apply for these items via the Essex Essential Living Fund or by calling by calling 0300 7900124 between 8.45am and 5.15pm


If you think you need support, or you think someone else that you know might need support, you can contact our Tenancy Sustainment Team directly.

Your family, friends, even your community housing officer or another professional such as a social worker, doctor or nurse can refer you to our Tenancy Sustainment Service.

If someone does this for you, you will need agree to this as we will have to collect personal information about you such as your name, date of birth and any support needs you have.

There is an online referral form for this service below. Please fill this out. Or get the person referring you to fill it our for you.

The information that you provide on the form will help us to see if you are suitable to receive our help and support.

If we think you are, we will to meet with you so we can ask you some more questions.


Tenancy Sustainment Referral Form

How to get in touch

For more information please call the Tenancy Sustainment Team on 01206 282851 or 03300 538029.